Welcome to EnMass Energy! Below is a step by step guide for you, as a new user to reference when using the software for the first time.
Before you proceed, if you have not already gone through the Onboarding : Step-by-Step guide and create Projects, Suppliers, and Transporters please refer back to that document first.
Using your Digitized Supply Chain
Once you have project sites, supply sites, and transporters uploaded to the software, you can now start to schedule your shipments on the shipments page.
Some terminology to help navigate the platform:
- A shipment is one set of waste moved from one supplier to one project. It can consist of more than one truck load and happen over consecutive days.
- A delivery is one truck load of waste moved from one supplier to one project.
With these definitions, a shipment is made up of one or more deliveries. Shipments are always scheduled events, whereas deliveries can be scheduled or entered after they have been completed.
An example using the terms shipments and deliveries:
- Enter a shipment: The user can enter a shipment to happen next Wednesday with 150 tons of baled plastic #3 from Supplier A to Project B. The system will call this shipment 001.
- Enter upcoming deliveries: The user has the option to further break this down into “Upcoming Deliveries”, if they choose. Each upcoming delivery corresponds to one expected truck load and is assigned to shipment 001. When each upcoming delivery actually delivers, the actual delivered tonnage can be entered and an image of the proof of delivery can be uploaded.
- Entered completed deliveries: Instead of entering upcoming deliveries, the user can add deliveries as they are delivered to Project B. The delivered tonnage and an image of the proof of delivery need to be uploaded.
- Completed a Shipment: Once all deliveries for a single shipment have been completed, the shipment needs to be marked completed and no more deliveries can be added. This is also required in order to generate invoices. A shipment cannot be completed until there is at least one completed delivery assigned to it.
Step 1 – Add Shipments
- Click the icon labeled Shipments.
- To create a shipment click the green button “New Shipment”.
- Fill out the form that popped up. The required fields are “Waste Type”, “Sub-Waste Type”, “Waste Amount” and “Estimated Deliveries”
- Select a project site from the drop down. If the relevant project does not show up, please ensure it has been entered as above on the Projects tab.
- Select the start date and time of the expected shipment.
- Select the end date and time of the expected shipment. This can span several days.
- If known, enter the estimated number of deliveries (truck loads). If not, enter the number 1.
- Select Waste Type and Sub-Waste Type from the drop downs.
- The Waste Amount is the total number of tons expected from the shipment.
The Supplier can be added by clicking on the blue “Add Supplier” button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the supplier from the drop down.
- For supply site always select “Site 1”
Payment type represents whether the project is paid or pays the supplier for the waste. If the project is paid by the supplier select “Receive” otherwise select “Pay”.
- Enter the amount received or paid per ton as Price per Ton.
- The Transporter can be added to the Shipment by clicking on the blue “Add Transporter” button on the bottom of the page.
- Select the transporter from the drop down menu.
- Enter the Price per ton paid to the transporter. In case of fixed costs, please calculate the equivalent for price per ton.
- Click the green “Create Shipment button”
Step 2 – Assign Deliveries to Shipments
Now that a shipment has been created, deliveries can be entered against that shipment.
Method 1: Add Upcoming Delivery. – Both a specific supplier and transporter are required to use this method.
- On the Shipments page. For a single shipment, click the blue “View Details” button. If a supplier has been added to the shipment then the user can click the green “Add Upcoming Deliver” button.
- Enter the scheduled date for the single truck to deliver and select the transporter from the drop down.
- Click the green Save button.
- This delivery will now show up in the “Calendar” tab.
- Once this delivery is actually completed, the delivered weight and P.O.D will need to be uploaded.
- On the specific shipment, View Details page. Scroll down to view all of the associated Deliveries.
- For the previously entered Upcoming Delivery that has just been completed, click the blue “Edit” button.
- Enter the delivered date, the delivered tonnage, upload an image of the P.O.D..
- In the “Status” dropdown, select “Completed”.
- Click the green “Save” button.
Method 2: Add Completed Delivery
- On the Shipments page. For a single shipment, click the blue “View Details” button. If a supplier has been added to the shipment then the user can click the green “Add Completed Deliver” button.
- Enter the delivered tonnage and upload the image of the P.O.D.
- Note, the supplier and transporter information is inferred from the shipment, if they were entered.
Step 3 – Completing Shipments
- Click on the left menu icon called “Shipments”
- Locate the shipment you would like to mark “Completed” and click “View Details”
- Before clicking the “Completed Shipment” button, ensure all deliveries have been added and each has “Status” showing Completed.
- If any deliveries need to be changed, do so now by clicking the “Edit” button.
- Once all deliveries have been marked completed, click the green button in the upper right “Complete Shipment”. If the “Complete Shipment” button has grey text and is unresponsive then at least one of the deliveries has not been marked Completed.
- After clicking the Complete Shipment button a pop-up appears. Please rate the waste for Homogeneity, Cleanliness, and Energy content. Please also rate the experience with the Supplier.
- Once those ratings have been selected, click the green button “Complete Shipment”.
Step 4 – Creating Invoices for Completed Shipments.
- Click on the left menu icon called “Invoices”.
- Click the green button labeled “Create Invoice”
- Choose a supplier from the drop down.
- All completed shipments for that supplier will show in the table.
- Automatically, all completed shipments that have not been previously invoiced will be selected.
- The user can choose any of the shown shipments by checking or unchecking the box.
- If the desired shipments do not appear as options, please go to the Shipments tab and ensure that the shipment has been marked “Completed”.
- Once the desired completed shipments are selected, click the green button “Create Invoice.
If you have any further questions on how to use your digital supply chain please reach out to email@example.com.