About EnMass Energy:
EnMass Energy is a tech-enabled commodity brokerage and end-to-end marketplace solution for energy projects sourcing unconventional fuel sources. Our software platform leverages proprietary waste management, agricultural, commercial, industrial, and retail market information to empower energy project developers, operators, and investors to procure waste commodities and manage waste-to-energy supply chains. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver high quality, actionable operational guidance and procurement strategy, as well as the associated impacts on energy supply chains.
About our team:
EnMass Energy needs experienced, cross-functional team members to help us achieve our mission – connecting any type of waste commodity to any type of energy project. We are a pragmatic, data-driven team comfortable using industry standard software techniques on new and non-traditional data sets and operational use-cases. We build systems that create entirely new commodity markets, connect suppliers with our projects, and optimize every step of the process with digital efficiencies. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
About the Opportunity:
The Software Engineering Intern will be embedded in the EnMass Energy tech team working on the first-of-its-kind waste material marketplace and software ecosystem. You’ll work alongside industry leaders, amazing mentors, and experience the fast-paced world of code development within a well-funded startup. The intern(s) will be expected to act as a full member of the development team, supporting new builds, pushing code, and finding new solutions to organizational problems. You should have a desire to work in a diverse team environment and working along a business narrative to solve problems. Candidates should have an innovative mindset, be considerate and respectful, and able to work independently. Expected, but flexible start date is May 2021, and the program will have a 3-4 month duration.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver on full software development life cycle
- Produce well designed, testable, and maintainable software
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Provide code and peer reviews
- Improve team processes
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders and project team members to ensure proper visibility into development efforts
What You Should Have:
- Currently attending a 4-year university, majoring in Computer Science, Information security, Computer Engineering or related curriculum.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Good technical problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Python, Django, Postgres, or Java
- Understanding of agile development methodology
- Knowledge of git and use of GitHub or other source code management systems
- Interest in developing and deploying microservices in a cloud-based environment.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is highly desirable
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual format
- Preference for candidates located in Durham, NC or Boulder, CO
About Our Culture:
We believe a circular economy and energy system is the most impactful solution to climate change. That’s why it’s our mission to make waste-to-energy and waste-to-value projects easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the EnMass Energy Platform – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. EnMass Energy today connects thousands of clients and suppliers across multiple countries. Started in 2015, we’re backed by a number of big players in the industry, including Cox Enterprises and TechStars.
Worried about not having any experience with Waste to Energy?
Don’t be! We’re building the first of its kind software platform for waste-to-energy. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the renewable energy industry forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.