About EnMass Energy:
EnMass Energy is a tech-enabled commodity brokerage and end-to-end marketplace solution for energy projects sourcing unconventional fuel sources. Our software platform leverages proprietary waste management, agricultural, commercial, industrial, and retail market information to empower energy project developers, operators, and investors to procure waste commodities and manage waste-to-energy supply chains. We are constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver high quality, actionable operational guidance and procurement strategy, as well as the associated impacts on energy supply chains.
About our team:
EnMass Energy needs experienced, cross-functional team members to help us achieve our mission – connecting any type of waste commodity to any type of energy project. We are a pragmatic, data-driven team comfortable using industry standard software techniques on new and non-traditional data sets and operational use-cases. We build systems that create entirely new commodity markets, connect suppliers with our projects, and optimize every step of the process with digital efficiencies. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
About the Opportunity:
EnMass Energy is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our growing marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media and content marketing, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing promotional presentations, monitoring social platforms, and conducting market analysis. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms. You should have a desire to work in a diverse team environment and working along a business narrative to solve problems. Candidates should have an innovative mindset, be considerate and respectful, and able to work independently. Expected, but flexible start date is May 2021, and the program will have a 3-4 month duration.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
- Assist with daily administrative duties.
- Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
- Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
What You Should Have:
- Currently attending a 4-year university, majoring in Marketing, Communications, or related curriculum.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual format
- Preference for candidates located in Durham, NC or Boulder, CO
About Our Culture:
We believe a circular economy and energy system is the most impactful solution to climate change. That’s why it’s our mission to make waste-to-energy and waste-to-value projects easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the EnMass Energy Platform – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. EnMass Energy today connects thousands of clients and suppliers across multiple countries. Started in 2015, we’re backed by a number of big players in the industry, including Cox Enterprises and TechStars.
Worried about not having any experience with Waste to Energy?
Don’t be! We’re building the first of its kind software platform for waste-to-energy. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the renewable energy industry forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.